I use to buy their larger jar candles when I was in University, and would spend around £16.00 on one which would burn out in about 5 weeks (I lit mine ALOT), now this is a heck of a lot of money for something which doesn’t really last all too long, hence why I decided to stop spending the money. For my last birthday I was bought this Yankee candle burner, which was very exciting and would mean me saving a lot of money.
I Started to look for the flat Yankee candles which were meant to be used in a burner however I could literally not find them anywhere, the only ones they sold were these smaller burning candles, and at £1.80 (currently two for one in Clintons) I thought this was a much better price as opposed to £16.00. Now these candles are supposed to be lit from the wick, however if I was to light one I would literally use it in like 2 hours, not good. However I have found that melting them makes the scent last so much longer as the wax is just sitting there and not being melted away, which is a great waste. As you can see from the pictures, I just pop my candle into the top part; light a tea light in the bottom and slowly let the wax melt leaving my room with the most gorgeous and long lasting scent, I then remove the wick which I find just gets in the way. I think the great thing about melting the wax rather than just burning a jar is that it lasts so much longer and is much better value for money.
I recently melted the small sized candle of 'fireside treats' and for £1.80 this wax lasted me 3 weeks, and the scent was still as strong as it was when I first melted the wax, that is the same as burning a £16.00 jar over 3 weeks, so you save so much more money. I have been burning candles this way for quite a few months now and just feel that its so much more cost effective, cause who really wants to spend up to £20 on a candle?! I am so excited to burn all my Christmas scents, and should have enough left for next year at this rate!