box

box
Latest in Lifestyle

xxx

xxx
Latest in Beauty

c

c
Latest in Travel

DOWN TOOLS WITH LAURA MERCIER TINTED MOISTURISER


Something very odd has occurred recently, something that most beauty bloggers and makeup fanatics would gasp at in disbelief.

I have given up Foundation, (well, kind of)

Pheeeew, that is a line I never thought I’d be typing out on here. I have been influenced by the likes of the gorge Millie Mackintosh, who apparently swears by tinted moisturiser. Ever since I watched the video where she reveals that she wears it on a daily basis (and the fact her skin looks incredible) I knew I had to get on this hype. The idea that your skin is able to breathe but also look amazingly healthy and dewy really appealed and I set out to find myself the perfect product.

I set my initial sights on Laura Merciers tinted moisturiser, and after lusting after It for months (but being slightly put off my the price) I decided that, yes its pricey (£32) but after hearing a hell of a lot of praise around it I knew that I just had to invest- and OH how I’m glad I did. It has officially been about 13 days since I gave up foundation (I’m not counting nights out btw- who doesn’t love/need a good coverage on a night out?), and I really don’t miss it. 

I find that using a tinted moisturiser, this one in particular works just as great and allows just enough coverage without looking cakey, or ‘done up’, it’s basically like having that second skin look which also gives you an amazing dewy and healthy glow.

This product in particular has a great bonus with its spf 20 and applies SO well, the colour is ever so slightly too dark, however this is easy to curve as I prefer to be tanned, so I just apply my Clarins self tan the night before, and bobs your uncle. In comparison to foundation, I literally can’t tell a difference, my skin looks just as covered and concealed as it would with my borjouis healthy mix but you can feel and notice that your skin isn’t being weighed down with product and your pores are able to breathe.

One thing I discovered, is that I also prefer to ‘down tools’ with this product, I find that applying without a brush and using my fingers tends to allow the product to blend and sink into the skin better. I think its probably because the product is slightly warmed due to applying from the fingers, and so it spreads better and allows you do really get an even and natural finish, also my brush tends to eat the product and for how expensive it is, I cant afford to lose any of it.

I have noticed that my skin has benefitted from transitioning to tinted moisturiser- I hardly ever break out, and if I do its from the morning after the night before, when I actually wore foundation, (see what I’m saying?) My skin is less dry and has more of a glow about it and weirdly I find that the product doesn’t accentuate lines and wrinkles (dear god) as much as a thick foundation and concealer does. I would definitely recommend attempting to give up the ‘war paint’, as my dad calls it, I of course was a little terrified that everyone would be like- ‘WHATS WRONG WITH YOU, ARE YOU ILL?’ but thank god, no one noticed and tbh why would they as there is literally no difference, except in the health and well being of your skin. 


11 comments

  1. I am scared of foundation, it seems like face paint to me! I am looking for a good concealer though.

    http://www.heatstormblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of a TM too! It's much more glowy and healthy!

    Would appreciate if you checked out my blog :)
    notanobession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you,
    The given information is very effective.
    I’ll keep update with the same.
    HealthCare CPA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice blog here! I in fact enjoyed account it so abundant that I bookmarked this on digg! I ambition you connected success!
    digital video recorder in Bhadrak

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blog was absolutely fantastic! Lots of great information and inspiration, both of which we all need!
    wordpress vs joomla development COMPANY

    ReplyDelete
  6. A complete well-written post. I apprehend and admired the array and admission aswell bookmarked you.
    wireless camera system in balasore

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have bookmarked you to check out new stuff you post.
    ip camera in bhawanipatna

    ReplyDelete
  8. The accumulated of admonition in achievement is stunning, like you about wrote the book on the subject. Your blog is abounding for anyone who wants to acquire this accountable more.
    Gold & silver chain by the inch

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good efforts. All the best for future posts. I have bookmarked you. Well done. I read and like this post. Thanks.Bulk SMS Service Provider in ORISSA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great site! Your style is so refreshing compared to most other people. Post thank you for every time you get the chance, I'll be sure to save your website!
    fingerprint attendance recording machine bhubaneswar

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi beautiful,
    I was just browsing through & stumbled upon your lovely blog - It looks gorgeous and it has interesting posts that I can relate to. I'm now following you via gfc, keep in touch love x

    Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.