Tuesday, 19 February 2013

My Day-to-day Foundation Routine



 Rimmels Lasting finish, £6.99
 Revlons Colourstay, £12.99
 Real Techniques stippling brush, £9.99

I like to alternate with various foundations when it comes to my daily routine, I am never really set on one product and like mixing and matching, so as you can see at the minute I like to mix together rimmel’s lasting finish and Revlon’s colour stay. I have used rimmels lasting finish since I was around 15 and it was actually the first foundation I’ve used and I honestly love it, for the price which is £6.99 it is such a great product, it leaves a lovely dewy and fresh finish and blends well into the skin.

 I apply the shade soft beige, a little darker than my natural colour as I am usually a little tanned and prefer a darker sheen, however It is such a great match, I then also recently bought Revlon’s colour stay in the colour fresh beige, at 12.99 it is a little dearer however after hearing a lot of good things about this foundation I wanted to give it ago. I was left a little disappointed as It doesn’t really leave a dewy finish which is what I read on various reviews, and is what I always aim for with foundations in fact it leaves a rather matte finish, as for coverage it conceals and applies well , It also creates a flawless finish around the tzone area and does not amplify pores.

I firstly prep and prime my face with my Liz Earle moisturizer and sometimes use a primer however I usually just apply my foundation straight after moisturising, I mix together both foundations as the shades are slightly different and so together they are perfect and I also have the spf from my colourstay to protect my skin. I apply the products with my Real Techniques stippling brush which I can guarantee everyone who reads this will have heard the many great reviews on this product, it really does create such a flawless finish when applying the product, it does take a little elbow grease as you have to properly stipple the foundation in and work all round the face and neck, however the end result is really worth it and flawless.

I added the last picture of my face up close to show you the finish from the brush, I just think the surface looks really flawless and my pores become a lot more concealed from using the brush. I do think that the main credit should be given to the brush for the finish, as I think using a normal foundation brush just adds streaks after applying and just isn't as effective, its such a perfect applicator  for a beginner or an expert and at 9.99 it is so worth it. The second picture is a shot I took on my phone at 4.00pm after a full day at university, I just wanted to show how my foundation still stayed put and looked good, which is such a plus. In the future I would love the try Nars sheer glow foundation as I have heard plenty of positive feedback about the product, that it is very dewy and glowing, so this is defiantly the next item on my foundation wish list.



20 comments:

  1. Your skin looks soooo dewy! I really love the look! X x

    CandyxCosmetics.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your foundation has such a nice glowing finish! I can't wait to try that brush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you i love a nice glow! The brush is fab x

      Delete
  3. oh your makeup is gorgeous, stippling brushes do make such a difference, I use them for ever makeup look I do, plus I LOVE the lipstick, stunning :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes the brush does wonders! X

      Delete
  4. Love the longevity of this make up. I also agree about applying with a brush.
    Would love you to check out my latest outfit post :)
    Have a fab weekend Hun xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The RT stippling brush is amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you sharing your routine, Helen! I'm a complete dummy when it comes to makeup, so your post is most definitely very helpful;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your skin looks so flawless :) I'm still trying to perfect appyling foundation with a blusher!!


    www.ngofficial.blogspot.co.uk

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! its all down to the brush! and elbow grease haha x

      Delete
  8. Flawless x new follower x

    ide love it if you checked out my mac lipstick giveaway :) 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post, I love reading what people do to their make up on a daily basis. I did a similar one but I did mine as a youtube video! Maybe you would like to check it out - www.beautybook13.blogpost.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to try the real techniques stippling brush :) x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete


Leave a Comment

Back to Top